This Italianate Style brick from the "Victorian" Architectural Era is located in the St. Mary's Church Neighborhood on the Columbia Street hill in downtown Lafayette.
This home was originally built as a single family home between 1855 and 1875.
The exterior of the building was retuckpointed and sandblasted when the building was restored in 1989-1990. The limestone lintels are arched and provide attractive balance to the front facade of the building. The original entry doors have been saved and restored.
The building has a one bedroom first floor apartment in the front, a one bedroom with an office in the rear of the first floor and a one bedroom second floor apartment.
The first floor rear apartment has a new kitchen with washer and dryer. The second floor apartment covers the entire second floor which is very spacious and includes a new kitchen, an office, and an aesthetic, relaxing study. All of the apartments have natural refinished wood floors.
The building has off street, private paved parking and is convenient to the downtown.